In the age of geo-social issues, where climate, inequality and migration are interrelated and humanity threatens to become homeless, facing a potentially uninhabitable earth in the future, paradoxically more and more enclosed and demarcated territories are emerging worldwide. As on the Korean peninsula, divided by a militarised border for over 70 years, all over the world, even after the Cold War, areas are separated, marked out and fenced off.
Firefly stellt sich der Frage, wie musikalische Projekte der Natur aus aktueller Sicht begegnen können – denn trotz Corona-Pandemie bleiben Klimawandel und ein stabiles Ökosystem dringliche Themen. Klanginstallationen, Konzerte experimenteller, elektronischer Musik und ein Gartenradio erkunden auf dem außergewöhnlichen Regenbeckengelände des ehemaligen Flughafens Tempelhof perspektivische Experimente zwischen Kunst, Klang und Natur. Sowohl live an der Floating University als auch online über Datscha Radio verfolgt das Programm Lebensweisen der Tier- und Pflanzenwelt sowie Spuren an vergessenen Orten.
Guidelines for cooperations
Applications for 2021 are now closed. We are fully scheduled for the rest of this year. Cooperations form will be re-opened from October 2021 onwards. Thank you for your ideas and see you at the Floating University!
Activities should be attuned to the following guidelines:
- Activities should be in tune with the Floating University spirit and values – a place to learn to engage, to embrace the complexity and navigate the entanglements of the world, to imagine and create different forms of living. It should not be just rented as an event venue, a wedding hall, a backdrop scenario or for solely commercial purposes.
- Participation from others in the proposed activities – associ- ation members and general public – is encouraged so that a mixture of people and a transfer of knowledge happens. The site runs with an “open door policy” and the idea that activities can co-inhabit the basin.
Activities bring in content but also expand the network. We are interested in the production of knowledge and in forming long-lasting bonds with people and organisations.
- Activities should be able to navigate the site and run their programmes rather independently – with our support, but not expecting the association to deliver a role of “service providers”.
- Activities should be communicated in consultation with the Floating e.V as well as the use of any images of the Floating site.
Floating University is not supposed to be used for marketing campaigns and as an image for advertisement. Funders and other cooperation partners should be informed about it 5. beforehand.
- Activities should respect the nature of the site: a fragile eco- system where diverse species co-exist. In the basin you can find anything from foxes to bees, ducks, algae and some- 6. times humans. We are surrounded by a Gartenkolonie, a community of small gardens which is an Erholungsort (a place for rest and restoration in nature).